Friday, July 11, 2008

Political Correctness or Idiocy?

It's been a while since my last post, but getting engaged eats up a lot of your time (especially when the goal is for a winter wedding in 7 months). But this absurdity had to be posted on. For those of you who have not heard, at a meeting of county commissioners in the Dallas area, one of the commissioners (who happens to be white) said the filing system had turned into a 'black hole'. Harmless, right? Well not to two of the black members at the meeting. One retorted with, "Don't you mean a white hole?" while the other demanded an apology. I recommend watching the video in this link, it is quite astonishing when you stop to consider that second graders understand it is simply a scientific term.

But it does not stop there. Commissioner Price (the 'white hole' genius) now has come out and alleged racism on cakes! Angel's food cake and Devil's food cake to be exact. Also no one can be called the black sheep of the family either according to his genius intellect. (Nevermind the fact that the phrase was coined due to black sheep born into a herd of white sheep) Perhaps Jesse Jackson should threaten to cut his nuts off. (Full disclosure: I whole-heartily believe Jesse Jackson is an attention whore and a moron. Dating all the way back to his days at U of I.)

2 comments:

Nancy said...

Man....what the fetch is our world coming to anymore? Completely insane and ridiculous. Total idiocy...100 million percent.

That is all.

agravs said...

Yes and it seems like on a daily basis I find some tidbit of news that just blows my mind. I wish I was able to find more time to write them down in the moment. That's when I do my best thinking. Planning a wedding has definitely cut into my writing, but I can't complain about that.